Four more days...are you ready? Four more days to complete your shopping, to wrap all your gifts, to plan the perfect meal for Christmas eve and etc. Well if you're not, then let's have some fun to relieve the Christmas "stress"...should you have one or not.
Test your knowledge of Christmas! Read each question and write your answers in the comments box. And even if you do not know the answer...just go ahead and give it a good guess! Enjoy and Good luck! :) (I'll post the answers on Christmas eve)
1. Which of these names does NOT belong to one of Santa's reindeer?
2. Which of the following names does NOT belong one of the Three Kings?
3. Which well-known author of fantasy fiction also created a book called The Father Christmas Letters?
A) Lewis Carroll
B) J.R.R. Tolkien
C) E. Nesbit
D) C.S. Lewis
4. One of the most loved Christmas books is A Christmas Carol. Who wrote it?
A) Mark Twain
B) Charles Dickens
C) Hans Christian Andersen
D) Thomas M. Sawyer
5. In Tchaikovsky's ballet "The Nutcracker", who is the nutcracker's main enemy?
A) A girl called Clara
B) The King of the Mice
C) Dr. Almond
D) Drosselmeyer the magician
6. The poinsettia is a traditional Christmas flower. Where did it originally grow?
7. How did the tradition of kissing under the mistletoe develop?
A) Eating it makes your mouth pucker
B) It was associated with the Scandinavian love goddess
C) The Druids used it in marriage ceremonies
D) It was used to make love potion in ancient times
8. In Victorian England, turkeys were popular for Christmas dinners. Some of the birds were raised in Norfolk, and taken to market in London. To get them to London, the turkeys:
A) Were herded by sheep dogs
C) Rode in huge wagons called "turkey-vans"
D) Were supplied with boots made of sacking or leather
9. What important contribution to our Christmas customs was made by Louis Prang, who came to the USA from Germany in the 19th century?
A) Printing the first special Christmas edition of a major magazine
B) Being first to use an image of Santa Claus in an advertisement
C) Publishing the first children’s book featuring Santa Claus
D) Popularizing the sending of printed Christmas cards
10. Celebrating Christmas was once against the law in...?
and...I do mean Welcome! Selamat Datang! Aloha! I extend a warm welcome and am glad that you could stop by and read my blog. It simply contains general musings and ramblings about things that concern and/or interest me.
So kick back, click away and don't forget...enjoy your visit!
"So you want to know me? Romantic and logical ~ Loyal and always true ~ Funloving crazy and very quiet when needed ~ Sensible and down to earth...to sum it up, I guess I'm pretty much a "nice girl", hopefully in a good way, who's also a bit of a geek"
Here I am as perfect as I'm ever going to be.
You'll see, love me for me.
Stick around, I'm not the kind of girl you wanna leave.
You'll see, love me for me.
Date of Birth: November 5