"To love means to open ourselves to the negative as well as the positive - to grief, sorrow, and disappointment as well as to joy, fulfillment, and an intensity of consciousness we did not know was possible before."
I have this habit where I tend to hold back part of myself from others, and do not always say what I think or feel. This is especially true during conflict situations; which I abhor more than anything in the world. Confrontations and arguments are very difficult for me to deal with at times because I feel personally threatened. I've always been very private (being the only child) so it became natural from a very young age to keep my true feelings and opinions reserved or hidden from others; except from those whom I'm closest to. I've tried many a times to change but after each attempt, I tend to go back to old habits. This doesn't mean that I don't talk at all, but am very selective as to what I'm talking about and whom I'm talking to. I will go to great lengths to please people I care about, and often times am able to recognize people's unspoken needs. so with that I decided to write out the strengths and weaknesses that I found in myself. this may help me grow out of certain habits which I hope be rid of or if not to learn and make a better me.
- optimistic, warm, friendly, and supportive
- very laid-back and adaptable
- good listener and sympathetic; helping others and genuinely caring about people
- identifying the opportunities of a situation and quickly acting to take advantage of them
- adapting well to change and approaching new situations with interest
- live in the here and now, yearn to be free (spontaneous and playful disposition)
- require a great deal of space
- may lack self-confidence
- being unable to acknowledge or hear anything that goes against my personal ideas and opinions
- extreme dislike of conflict and criticism
- sometimes may appear very lazy, while sometimes may appear overly practical
- seldom verbally express my feelings (prefer actions to words)
- vulnerable to being manipulated or taken advantage of
and...I do mean Welcome! Selamat Datang! Aloha! I extend a warm welcome and am glad that you could stop by and read my blog. It simply contains general musings and ramblings about things that concern and/or interest me.
So kick back, click away and don't forget...enjoy your visit!
"So you want to know me? Romantic and logical ~ Loyal and always true ~ Funloving crazy and very quiet when needed ~
Sensible and down to earth...to sum it up, I guess I'm pretty much a "nice girl", hopefully in a good way, who's also a bit of a geek"
Here I am as perfect as I'm ever going to be.
You'll see, love me for me.
Stick around, I'm not the kind of girl you wanna leave.
You'll see, love me for me.
"With a birthday on the 5th of the month you are inclined to work well with people and enjoy them. You are talented and versatile, very good at presenting ideas. You may have a tendency to get itchy feet at times and need change and travel. You tend to be very progressive, imaginative and adaptable. Your mind is quick, clever and analytical. A restlessness in your nature may make you a bit impatient and easily bored with routine. You may have a tendency to shirk responsibility".