Happy Aloha Friday and TGIF!
So now that school is out, I thought I could get back to blogging regularly, however because of the holiday season and lots to catch up on backlog stuff at the office...I don't really have a whole lot of personal time to do my own thang. Anywaes, here's some updates on what's been going on with either myself or interesting happenings on the islands.
1. Although it's not officially out yet, but I was able to check on my grades for this past semester. Let's just say...my Mommy & Daddy will be very proud at how well I aced all three classes!
2. R, his mom and I went shopping on Black Friday at midnight. We didn't get the most desired item which was on sale that made us stand in line (in the cold) for four and a half hours at Circuit City. So instead we came home with this and this which was purchased from BestBuy.
3. We experienced the worst storm ever on December 5, 2007 ~ toppling power lines from Nanakuli to Wai'anae, power outages and streams of bumper-to-bumper traffic on all the Hawaiian islands.
4. I'm not a football fan. Heck, I don't even know the game at all (although my better half played football in high school, I still don't get it!) But I'm proud to say (even though it's not my alma mater) University of Hawaii's Warriors closed out a perfect 12-0 football season as beat the Washington Huskies 35-28. Colt Brennan threw a 5-yard touchdown pass to Ryan Grice-Mullins with 44 seconds left to give Hawaii the victory. On New Years Day, they will play in the prestigious BCS (Bowl Championship Series) against Georgia in New Orleans.
5. In the last couple days, we've witnessed a few major fatal auto accidents. The one that stands out the most is the fatal head-on collision caused when local playwright and children's book author Lisa Matsumoto drove the wrong way on the H-1 Freeway. She had such great talent and will definitely be missed. My condolences go out to her family and ohana.
6. I'm proud to say I'm all done with Christmas shopping. As usual, it was no easy task to figure out what to get and for whom...but that's all taken care of. Now to get them all nicely wrapped up and placed under the tree. Ohh wait, we'll be on Maui for Christmas so which means I'll have to wrapped R's and his parents gifts on Maui just in case we have problems with security check at the airport.
7. Last but not least, the ultimate must-do and must-see attraction this time of the year ~ Honolulu City Lights ~ is Honolulu's largest Christmas spectacle; where one gets to see a Shaka Santa and his sidekick, Tutu Mele. Below are some photos taken on the night after my last final with R, Ritsuko and her hubby.
and...I do mean Welcome! Selamat Datang! Aloha! I extend a warm welcome and am glad that you could stop by and read my blog. It simply contains general musings and ramblings about things that concern and/or interest me.
So kick back, click away and don't forget...enjoy your visit!
"So you want to know me? Romantic and logical ~ Loyal and always true ~ Funloving crazy and very quiet when needed ~ Sensible and down to earth...to sum it up, I guess I'm pretty much a "nice girl", hopefully in a good way, who's also a bit of a geek"
Here I am as perfect as I'm ever going to be.
You'll see, love me for me.
Stick around, I'm not the kind of girl you wanna leave.
You'll see, love me for me.
Date of Birth: November 5