That Won't Break The Bank. Yup you read that right! Two days left until Valentine's Day so there isn't a whole lot of time to come up with that special "something" for him or her. So as I was browsing through the web last week for gift ideas, I came across this posting here and its owner, Kyle was kind enough to give me permission to re-post and share it with y'all. I wonder if R will get a kick from reading this list if he hasn't already gotten me something...(although I'm not expecting anything).
1. Make her a music mix with songs that remind you of her.
2. Wash her car and leave a nice note inside.
3. Leave stick-it notes around the house; write the things you love about her on them.
4. Organize and clean her bathroom.
5. Pick up the kids from school and give her some quiet time in the afternoon.
6. Set up a bubble bath for her with candles and her favorite book.
7. Do the laundry and put the clothes away.
8. Clean out and organize the pantry.
9. Make her breakfast; serve her in bed.
10. Give her a back massage certificate. You do the massage.
11. Vacuum the house.
12. Dust the house.
13. Do the grocery shopping and make dinner for her.
14. Surprise her at work with lunch, go for a picnic.
15. Leave a few love letters around the house.
16. Play hooky for part of the day and spend time with her.
17. Wear your silk red boxers and dance for her. (I never did this)
18. Stop at Starbucks and get her favorite drink.
19. Open the door for her all day long.
20. Dinner date? Come to the front door and pretend it is your first date.
21. Make her favorite dessert.
22. Get her favorite jewelry cleaned; do it yourself. (not hard)
23. Flirt with her all day long.
24. Heat her towel in the dryer and have it ready when she gets out of the shower in the morning.
25. Paint her toe nails. (Bull Durham anyone?)
26. Organize the 2 messiest drawers or cupboards in the house that drive her crazy.
27. Re-enact your first date as close as possible.
28. Go see a matinee movie together.
29. Clean out the refrigerator and put her favorite Jamba Juice smoothie inside.
30. Finish that "honey-do" list that is 6 months old!
31. Opt for her favorite plant instead of flowers that will have to be thrown out in a few days.
32. Write her a love poem.
33. Give her extra time to herself; take the kids to allow this to happen.
34. Leave her love messages on her cell phone and home phone.
35. Make her a homemade Valentines Card out of red construction paper.
36. Rent a movie that you would typically not like, but she would. (Anything with Matthew McConaughey!)
37. Use red lipstick and write something romantic on the bathroom mirror.
38. Take her on date and not tell her anything about it. Take her to where you first met. (if possible)
39. Set up a foot soak for her; play her favorite music while she soaks.
40. Give the kids a bath and get them in bed by yourself; give her the night off.
41. Wash the dishes, load the dishwasher, don't let her lift a finger.
42. Buy 3 of her favorite magazines and put them by the bathtub with some candles.
43. Clean the toilets. The one job she hates more than anything else!
44. Get some paint swatches and offer to paint a room in the house how ever she wants.
45. Vacuum out her car.
46. Give her a foot massage.
47. Fill her car with red and white balloons. Blow them up yourself.
48. Hide her favorite candy bars around the house. (Don't hide them really well!)
49. If she pays the bills, do it for her, and then balance the checkbook.
50. And last but not least, combine any variation of the above 49. For example, clean the toilet while you are giving her a foot massage. Oh wait, bad example, but you know what I mean! Have fun with it and be creative!
Feel free to add your favorite Valentine's Day gift ideas!
Hint: I especially like numbers 6, 17, 43, 47 and 48!
P.S: Thank you to all for your well-wishes for Chinese New Year. I had a full day of going here and there on Saturday so I'll share that in my next post. *hugs*
and...I do mean Welcome! Selamat Datang! Aloha! I extend a warm welcome and am glad that you could stop by and read my blog. It simply contains general musings and ramblings about things that concern and/or interest me.
So kick back, click away and don't forget...enjoy your visit!
"So you want to know me? Romantic and logical ~ Loyal and always true ~ Funloving crazy and very quiet when needed ~ Sensible and down to earth...to sum it up, I guess I'm pretty much a "nice girl", hopefully in a good way, who's also a bit of a geek"
Here I am as perfect as I'm ever going to be.
You'll see, love me for me.
Stick around, I'm not the kind of girl you wanna leave.
You'll see, love me for me.
Date of Birth: November 5